What's new

Bluetooth Not Working

reids

G'day All
Well I have had the i7 512gb since the oz release two weeks ago, I absolutely love it as has replace my MacBook pro and ipad for work.

However since the update last week none of the Bluetooth devices have been able to connect to the SP3, I have refreshed the device, reinstalled all the drivers, reinstalled all of the latest updates and have been on the phone to MS support for 3 hrs today trying to troubleshoot the issue where the end result is to replace the device.

Fortunately I went back to the retail store where I originally bought it from and they are going to swap it out but were out of stock of my model, so will be a few days to get one in from another store. So just asking if anyone has any other solutions as I would rather keep it as I have just set it up for work with files etc. It is a shame this has happened as I have been an Apple user for the last 8 years, but finally found that MS created something great in the SP3

Thanks in Advance
Reids

Bandito

What specifically happens when you run your machine? If you try to pair a device via Bluetooth does the SP3 see the device or not? If it sees the device, does it then simply fail to pair with it? Or is it seeing already paired devices, but just not working with them?

If you have another PC that has Bluetooth, place your SP3 in discovery mode and then see if the other PC can see it or not. That would give you some idea of whether or not the Bluetooth radio is working at all.

OP
R

reids

Hi Bandito,
It sees device, has trouble pairing after a couple of times, then once paired states driver error. I have updated all drivers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all Bluetooth drivers.

I have tried to pair with other computers same problem. So in conclusion after a couple of attempts it eventually pairs with a device then after a few seconds error appears.

Bandito

Okay. Sounds like a configuration issue of some sort. I'll bet that the hardware is just fine.

Is the error message that comes up very specific or is it just a generic message? Have you checked the Event logs to see if they might point you in a better direction? If you can find some more specific error messages in the Event logs, you search for them and see if there are any known solutions.

Other than trying to get some more specific error information about the problem that may point us in the right direction, it sounds like it's time to do a complete reset of the SP3 which means a full Windows reinstall followed by redoing all of your applications and whatnot.

Since you're looking at a replacement machine anyway, it may be time to give in and start over again.

I really hate recommending this option, but it seems to fix a wide variety of problems for folks.

OP
R

reids

Okay,
I have done the start over again, and it sees the pen but comes up with the message "that didnt work lets try it again", did this nearly 10 times.

Re-installed all the updates, now it cannot even find the pen or mouse when activating the pair device