What's new

Bluetooth Wideband Microphone Support

fabier

Hey Guys,

I recently picked up the VSI BlueParrot B250-XT+. Its the ugliest bluetooth headset in existence but it has amazing noise canceling and excellent battery life. It also supports the latest HSP 1.6 profile which includes something called Wideband audio. My desktop, which runs an IO Bluetooth 4.0 adapter, supports this spec as well and the audio from the mic comes through in DVD quality. It sounds fantastic. But the built in bluetooth in my Surface 3 appears to not allow for this and my headset sounds like I'm talking on a cell phone (the typical Bluetooth Headset sound).

I've been up and down the Internet looking for solutions but it appears the built in drivers and bluetooth stack in Windows 8.1 doesn't support HSP 1.6. I'm hoping beyond hope that someone here might be able to bring up some kind of solution. I used to use an alternative Bluetooth stack called Blue Soliel back in the day but they appear to be gone. Also, the WIDCOMM Drivers wouldn't install (not surprised since its a completely different chipset, but I was honestly willing to try anything).

This is a screenshot of the bluetooth mic properties (http://screencast.com/t/fwLG76qBu3). This should say DVD quality, not Telephone quality. Any help or additional insight would be incredibly appreciated!

P.S. Also, no, in case you were wondering. Today's bluetooth/wifi driver update did not resolve this issue.

OP
F

fabier

FYI, apparently Bluesoliel's website was down earlier this evening. I thought they were gone. But they are still around. I'm downloading the latest version now and will report back on if it works to save someone else from wasting an evening like I did trying to figure out what the hell "Bluetooth Wideband" microphone support is.

OP
F

fabier

No luck on that front. Bluesoleil appears to not support the hardware in the Surface Pro 3. Looks like I might just have to get a dongle. Just feel like thats a pretty crappy solution since this is supposedly a "premium" tablet :-/. Also it fills up my one USB port and burns batterylife. Its disappointing to say the least.

Anyone have any ideas I haven't tried yet?