What's new

Bluetooth

cvc988

Is there a way to set a bluetooth device to not auto connect on the SP3? I.e., I have a bluetooth headset paired to my computer and phone, but I don't want it to auto connect with my SP3, I just want to be able to do it on-demand.

OP
C

cvc988

Another suitable alternative would be to somehow prioritize the audio devices. I have a regular USB headset set as default communication device but every time I turn on the Bluetooth headset it takes over and moves the audio over

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you turn it off? :) as in the headphones? My wireless and Bluetooth headphones I've had over the years have all had power switches. That would make it pretty on-demand

OP
C

cvc988

No meaning I want to use the headset regularly with my phone which is obviously in proximity to the tablet. That is the issue

Liam2349

The bluetooth device will always auto connect to the last device it was connected with that is in range.

malberttoo

It would definitely be the surface

Agreed, Windows should have some method of more granular control of Bluetooth devices, or prioritization. Maybe some 3rd party makes something. I Googled it for a bit, came up with nothing.

Liam2349

It would definitely be the surface

How would the Surface be able to tell your headset what to connect to?

The headset asks to connect to Surface. Surface sees that the device is paired and accepted, so it allows the headset to connect.