What's new

Bluetooth

mmoran27

I am having Bluetooth issues.

It seems like when I wake from sleep things like Bluetooth keyboard / speaker does not work until I reboot.

This is pretty lame. Most laptops do not have this issue.

I seem to have the issue with my Samsung slate as well.

Not sure if this is a Windows 8 thing but it generally sucks.

Any way to fix this?

CrazyT

I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse connected to my Surface and I don't get this issue. So maybe it's the bluetooth equipments that you're using. I have the Microsoft Wedge Keyboard and the Microsoft Sculpt Mouse. Both are using Bluetooth 4.0 so maybe that's why I'm not having the same issue?

Cowboy

I am having Bluetooth issues.

It seems like when I wake from sleep things like Bluetooth keyboard / speaker does not work until I reboot.

This is pretty lame. Most laptops do not have this issue.

I seem to have the issue with my Samsung slate as well.

Not sure if this is a Windows 8 thing but it generally sucks.

Any way to fix this?

I am running the Microsoft Bluetooth 5000 mouse and it works great. No problems when waking from sleep, plenty of range, etc. It must be something to do with your mouse and keyboard. Borrow a mouse and try it out....

HD_Dude

I use the Wedge Mouse, Surface edition. As soon as I hit the mouse's power button, It's up and running. Paired it once, when I bought it...never had to since.

Good luck!

OP
M

mmoran27

I have a create labs d200 speaker and Logitech k800 Bluetooth keyboard. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not. Have to reboot

Arizona Willie

I have a Logitech Bluetooth travel mouse that I have been using with the Surface. Every once in awhile the cursor disappears. I < think > it is behind the program window I'm looking at.

Haven't had the problem for a few days now. Only way I solved it was shutting down and rebooting.

=====
update 3/12

This morning the bluetooth snake raised it's ugly head again and it took me half an hour to get the mouse to work.

Had to restart twice and un-install the mouse and then re-install before it would work.
Under bluetooth devices it showed the mouse and said it was connected but it would not work.
Only the touchpad was working. The cursor was there but it would not move.

Finally got it but it is very aggravating.

You don't think Microsoft would try to force people to buy a Microsoft bluetooth mouse do you? Nawwww.

Last edited:

rrk2013

I am using a JBL flip speaker and apple magic mouse, and they both reconnect after log in. My previous bluetooth keyboard did not always work and I had to push the power button to startup the surface, but once it started up my keyboard started at the same time.