What's new

Bought Surface RT in China

Sps

Hi guys. I bought the tablet in China during a trip. The store people downloaded an English language pack and everything worked ok for a while. I live in Cyprus by the way.
Yesterday I had to restore the tablet to its factory condition and everything was in Chinese.... I experienced the same problem some of you had as well, the one that the Metro is not working while the desktop mode does.

Is there a way to get rid of the Chinese version of windows all together? Does it matter that I bought it in China?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ArnoldC

It should be possible, but your license will be invalidated. Yes, it mattered. I had an option of buying from Hong Kong or Australia, and I chose Australia.

ZachBui

if someone gave a recovery image from an English bought surface, would that work? or would that invalidate the license? not work at all since the language isn't set there? just trying to throw some ideas out there ...

J515OP

Super Moderator
if someone gave a recovery image from an English bought surface, would that work? or would that invalidate the license? not work at all since the language isn't set there? just trying to throw some ideas out there ...

It would probably work but so far nobody has posted recovery images (at least here).

ArnoldC

I saw a recovery image posted somewhere, of the stock Win RT. Mine is Australian, but hey, just a different accent. He he