What's new

Solved Bought wrong microphone for recording lectures, will this adapter work?

OP
S

supremekizzle

Man... something is either wrong with my Surface, or the adapter that I bought. I plugged in a pair of headphones into the splitter in multiple ways. One jack, other jack, both mic and phones plugged in, either one. In any configuration my headphones do not work when plugged into the splitter, but they work when plugged directly into SP3. AHHHHHHH. I'm really sorry, this problem has gone way beyond what is worthwhile to fix. BUT, I have invested so much time and energy into figuring out the WHY's that I have to see this through. It will haunt my dreams and wake me in the middle of the night if I don't fix this... Man has mastered technology, not the other way around. Bare with me. I'll buy another splitter tomorrow and see if it helps.

Edit to add: Just bought this little guy!!!

71WkBKF-B-L._SL1500_.jpg

Hopefully it works a little better....

Last edited:
OP
S

supremekizzle

Well the little train worked! I actually can put decent audio with my lecture notes now! Well, the term "decent" is used loosely as this little mic isn't exactly high end. I'll play with recording settings to see what I can do. Recording at 48kbps mono gets the job done though for now. Thanks for all the suggestions regarding my original microphone. Too bad it was never figured out though... Oh well...

Oh, and that red ring is actually a light that glows to let you know the mic is on. Not sure how I feel about it just yet...

IMG_20150126_165101254.jpg

Last edited:

olimjj

b
Well the little train worked! I actually can put decent audio with my lecture notes now! Well, the term "decent" is used loosely as this little mic isn't exactly high end. I'll play with recording settings to see what I can do. Recording at 48kbps mono gets the job done though for now. Thanks for all the suggestions regarding my original microphone. Too bad it was never figured out though... Oh well...

Oh, and that red ring is actually a light that glows to let you know the mic is on. Not sure how I feel about it just yet...

View attachment 5183
Congrats:)
I like this feature. A "bright" reminder.