What's new

Brand new SP4. Pen doesn't write

Znarky

I just got my SP4 yesterday, and it worked wonderfully. Me being curious I removed the battery cap. Now the pen doesn't work anymore. The back button (eraser button) still works, and the pen still pairs to my SP4, but it doesn't move the cursor, and it doesn't write. Did I break the pen or can I fix the problem?

What i've tried so far:
Removed the battery, and put it back
Tried to update display driver
Reinstalled display driver
Removed and put the pen tip back

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Znarky

If the top button is working, then this means that the battery is installed correctly (the sp4 pen uses the one battery unlike the sp3 pen which had separate batteries for the top button).

One thing to try is to remove the pen tip and re-insert it (tweezers, finger nails, teeth, whatever.. just grab hold and pull it out)

OP
Z

Znarky

Welcome Znarky

If the top button is working, then this means that the battery is installed correctly (the sp4 pen uses the one battery unlike the sp3 pen which had separate batteries for the top button).

One thing to try is to remove the pen tip and re-insert it (tweezers, finger nails, teeth, whatever.. just grab hold and pull it out)

Forgot that i tried that too... I guess i'll just chat with the microsoft live chat later