What's new

Brand new surface pro with blacklight bleeding

Krooked

You guys are almost convincing me but how about watching youtube videos with dark backgrounds? In that case with that surface, I could see the bleeding and it was in fact drawing my attention.

It does seem to be common but damn, I hope I get one with very little then...

It took a while to find a truly black video, so I simply used a black image I made in photoshop and none of these things can duplicate the bleed that pops up during the boot screen. So, I doubt bleed is an issue you need to worry about.

Igor

It took a while to find a truly black video, so I simply used a black image I made in photoshop and none of these things can duplicate the bleed that pops up during the boot screen. So, I doubt bleed is an issue you need to worry about.

Perhaps the Surface boots at 100% brightness or something. Typically I run my Surface at 20% brightness, this would make a significant difference to the visibility of the bleeding.

CrippsCorner

What percentage does everyone else run their Surface screen at? I'm running really low, about 25% if you run it at max it hurts my eyes!

Krooked

Perhaps the Surface boots at 100% brightness or something. Typically I run my Surface at 20% brightness, this would make a significant difference to the visibility of the bleeding.

That's got to be it. I displayed a black image and bumped the brightness up to 100% and got a very small amount of bleed (however, it was much smaller than the amount of bleed I get on the boot screen, which is still weird).

I have my screen normally set to about 45-55% brightness kayzee, depending on where I am working.

CrippsCorner

I did have mine set at 50% to start with, but at night I made it lower then carried on using it the next day completely forgetting that I had lowered it! As it obviously didn't bother me, I thought I might as well keep it low. Saves battery after all doesn't it!?