What's new

Brand new type covers for $30 each straight from MS

OP
G

goodintentions

ahhh. sneaky sneaky....:cool:

Again, it's not sneaky. Think about it. When you buy an electronic gadget you expect a warranty on it, yes? For the first type cover, I even shot an email to the seller asking him what happened. He said he bought it last year and it all the sudden just stopped working. He already bought a replacement and thought he could make a little money out of a dead keyboard. It's not my job to tell him all these stuff have a manufacturer's warranty.

kundas1

at-first-i-was-like.png

Thought about trying this with an actual Surface? I wonder if Microsoft would replace one that had a broken screen...

This wouldn't work with the broken screen as they aren't covered under warranty. Unless it's the one with the extra warranty coverage for accidental breakage

kundas1

Again, it's not sneaky. Think about it. When you buy an electronic gadget you expect a warranty on it, yes? For the first type cover, I even shot an email to the seller asking him what happened. He said he bought it last year and it all the sudden just stopped working. He already bought a replacement and thought he could make a little money out of a dead keyboard. It's not my job to tell him all these stuff have a manufacturer's warranty.

Absolutely not sneaky at all, actually its quite ingenious... good job

CrippsCorner

Who's been on eBay since reading this thread then...
tongue.png

Thing is, what if the previous owner's already registered the equipment? Would that effect your ability to replace it at all?

OP
G

goodintentions

Who's been on eBay since reading this thread then...
tongue.png

Thing is, what if the previous owner's already registered the equipment? Would that effect your ability to replace it at all?

That's why I zoomed in to the serial number.

I'm sure enjoying my brand new spanking type cover that has warranty until May 2015. :D

jefhart

I just got 2 brand new type covers (which I love because I can type a lot faster than the touch cover) for $30 each straight from MS. How? Sorry, it's my trade secret now :D. You just have to figure it out on your own.

No, it's not cheating. It's not anything shady either. Completely legit. :D. Hint: there's a way to order straight from their website for that price. Got them in the mail late last week :D

So you bought them on ebay, not "straight from MS" as you claim. You're an idiot.

kundas1

So you bought them on ebay, not "straight from MS" as you claim. You're an idiot.

Hahaha the only idiot is you who obviously can't read, he might have bought them from ebay (but checked the warranty first) but got them replaced BY MICROSOFT BRAND NEW... next time try to fully grasp the thread before making rude and stoopid comments mmmmkay?

kundas1

I just got 2 brand new type covers (which I love because I can type a lot faster than the touch cover) for $30 each straight from MS. How? Sorry, it's my trade secret now :D. You just have to figure it out on your own.

No, it's not cheating. It's not anything shady either. Completely legit. :D. Hint: there's a way to order straight from their website for that price. Got them in the mail late last week :D

Not to be a d!ck but this is straight from your mouth lol... but still the guy doesn't have to be rude about it.

OP
G

goodintentions

Not to be a d!ck but this is straight from your mouth lol... but still the guy doesn't have to be rude about it.

Did you know that the words public and pubic are separated by one letter?

I never said I BOUGHT the type cover straight from MS. I got it straight from MS, which I did for $30.

Edit.

Since it is not my job to teach people proper English just like it is not my job to tell the idiot on ebay he's still got warranty on his machine... screw it let me explain to you :p

If I had said I bought the device straight from MS, it would have entailed me going onto their products page and give them my credit card number to buy their product.

But I said I got[ the device for $30 straight from MS. This meant that I shelled out $30 to acquire the device, then sent it into MS for a warranty claim, and got a new device straight from MS.

What, you mean we don't have to be a zombie consumer? That we can actually think for ourselves and take the most advantageous route? Holy cow, the world is coming to an end!

Last edited:

jefhart

Did you know that the words public and pubic are separated by one letter?

I never said I BOUGHT the type cover straight from MS. I got it straight from MS, which I did for $30.

But I said I got[ the device for $30 straight from MS. This meant that I shelled out $30 to acquire the device, then sent it into MS for a warranty claim, and got a new device straight from MS.

I'm going to be super pedantic. You 1) bought a broken device on ebay, 2) waited for it to get shipped to your house, 3) filed a warranty claim and then 4) sent it in and 5) waited for a new one, 6) then received a completely different device. Do you know the difference between "i got a device straight from MS" and "I got a device from MS"? The difference is "straight" implies none of that numbered stuff in the middle took place. I am curious, from start to finish, how long it took you to receive an actual working device "straight" from MS?

Last edited: