What's new

Bricked Surface Pro on Day 1 - HELP

lennywc

After standing in line for 3-hours, my wife finally got her surface Pro. She was playing with Office 365 and the device just froze so she pressed the power button to turn the device off and when she turns it on the Surface displace the black screen with word surface in white, then that vanished and 6 seconds later she is in a text menu that says:

Security Device Support [Disabled]

Secure Boot Control [Disabled]

Exit Setup

Version 2.15.1226. Copyright (c) 2012 American Megatrends, Inc.

- The touch screen is enabled
- She has the ability to enable or disable Security Device Support
- if we enable Secure boot control the following menu options are displayed

Install Default Secure Boot Keys (pressing gives yes or no option)
Delete all secure boot keys

We have tried just about every combination of settings in this menu but after pressing exit setup the surface reboots and returns to this menu

- I have tried holding the volume up + power and volume down + power and tried various key

Any Ideas

I just bought one too with reinstalled windows 10 and my surface flashes the surface name and goes black and repeats . Will not boot. Dual button fix does nothing. I am so disappointed. This is awful. 1000$ brick. I own an iPad 1 , ipad 2 , ipad3 and iPad mini2 and they all still work like they did when they were new. I cannot download files to a usb drive I have no way yo do this. That is not a fix I am capable of doing. This is really lousy.

lennywc

The same thing has happened to me. Won't boot. Tried what I could. It does make a beautiful brick I must say.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Since you bought it 8 days ago go exchange it... any massed produced product will have some defective units, forums magnify the appearance that is wide spread. We have over 80 deployed and have had 5 units fail, 3 of which was caused by the user...

CrippsCorner

I just bought one too with reinstalled windows 10 and my surface flashes the surface name and goes black and repeats . Will not boot. Dual button fix does nothing. I am so disappointed. This is awful. 1000$ brick. I own an iPad 1 , ipad 2 , ipad3 and iPad mini2 and they all still work like they did when they were new. I cannot download files to a usb drive I have no way yo do this. That is not a fix I am capable of doing. This is really lousy.

You must have a friend with a USB stick or something? The no booting thing happened to me... I borrowed a USB stick and whacked Windows 10 back on my Surface and it fixed all problems. Well worth the investment even if you need to buy one! Pretty cheap these days :)