What's new

Brightness Issue?!?

ChrisPanzer

Anyone else notice every once in a while when bringing the SP3 off from standby (sleep) mode it goes from super-bright (or at least bright-er) then a second later to a lesser-bright? When brightness dial is then checked it's already all the way up/maxed out.

What could be the cause for this? I actually like the few extra lums of brightness, and wonder there must be a way to keep whatever 'setting' that is within windows... albiet a registry hack etc...

Thanks as usual..

Oh and BTW, my sleeping woes have been cured. It turns out it was my BT keyboard and mouse in a downstairs room waking my device constantly. Once I turned them off, voila!, problem solved. =)

malberttoo

Anyone else notice every once in a while when bringing the SP3 off from standby (sleep) mode it goes from super-bright (or at least bright-er) then a second later to a lesser-bright? When brightness dial is then checked it's already all the way up/maxed out.

What could be the cause for this? I actually like the few extra lums of brightness, and wonder there must be a way to keep whatever 'setting' that is within windows... albiet a registry hack etc...

Thanks as usual..

Oh and BTW, my sleeping woes have been cured. It turns out it was my BT keyboard and mouse in a downstairs room waking my device constantly. Once I turned them off, voila!, problem solved. =)

I've not experienced this before, and don't think I've heard of it from anyone else yet.

I somehow long ago learned to go to mouse settings in the computer and disable "allow this device to wake the computer". Many annoyances solved by that... :) I am glad you figured out the issue though. Those "ah ha!!" moments after an exceptionally vexing issue, are hard-won and feel great.

Haldi

maybe automatic Brightnes control ?

automatic Screen Brightnes.png

ptrkhh

I think it defaults to the brightest position when it couldn't get the signal from the light sensor, so that you can see the screen immediately now matter how bright it is. So, when you wake the tablet, the light sensor wasn't ready to sense the ambient lightning, hence it couldn't report anything.

OP
ChrisPanzer

ChrisPanzer

I think it defaults to the brightest position when it couldn't get the signal from the light sensor, so that you can see the screen immediately now matter how bright it is. So, when you wake the tablet, the light sensor wasn't ready to sense the ambient lightning, hence it couldn't report anything.
I see what you're saying but no, after what i describe occurs I immediately go to the brightness setting, and its already set to the brightest setting, but a moment before doing that it was indeed brighter.

Am I explaining it OK or no?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obi Wan/Matrix mashup : This is not the brightness you seek... there is no brightness... move along. :)