What's new

broken record: is the sleep crash bug fixed yet?

macmee

There's this bug where some surface pro 2's cant go into sleep mode because sometimes (~20% of the time I'd wager) booting from sleep silently crashes the device.

I don't want to put my device in sleep and test it myself because I've had to reinstall Windows a few times after the constant crashing seemed to have hurt my device.

If it hasn't been fixed yet, I'm in America now and they have Microsoft Stores here! I might go to one and see what they can do about an exchange.

Nuspieds

I can't remember the last time I could not successfully wake my SP2 from sleep so, perhaps, there has been a fix.

I do not know if they fixed something or not but all I know is that I still get nervous each time I wake my device. Until I get a new SP, I'm sure I'll always be nervous.

OP
macmee

macmee

I can't remember the last time I could not successfully wake my SP2 from sleep so, perhaps, there has been a fix.

I do not know if they fixed something or not but all I know is that I still get nervous each time I wake my device. Until I get a new SP, I'm sure I'll always be nervous.

Thanks, and did you frequently suffer from this bug in the past too?

OP
macmee

macmee

Yes, absolutely; that's why I continue to be nervous each time I wake my device.
I was going to buy the sp3 as this bug annoys me dearly, but it looks like the sp3 has its own fair share of problems, so I guess were in an awkward sort of limbo right now.

dutchiedave

No, it is not fixed. It crashes less often but still crashes, even with the latest updates.

I have just sent mine back for a replacement. I would strongly suggest you do too.

Rvacha

Still crashes, but less frequently, once every couple of days now. As best I can tell the improvement was accidental, a result of the sd card high CPU fix issued a few weeks ago. Still not good enough that I can feel uncomfortable unloading this POS

samurai

I had this bug with my first device. After replacement I can't remember the last time I had this issue. My Pro 2 runs very smoothly except now the keyboard is not working even after refresh :(