What's new

BSOD when updated Windows 10.

1n0nlyJoe

UGH! I was so excited to get the new update and it started to install and download however I got BSOD and had to restart. When I went to check the build, I still have the old one and when I try to update it gave me the 11/2 patch. Then I restarted and even shut down the device to refresh the update and nothing.

However, I noticed my fan is turning on as if it's working on something. Anybody have any advice on how I can get the update to install properly?

Thanks!

tundrwd

UGH! I was so excited to get the new update and it started to install and download however I got BSOD and had to restart. When I went to check the build, I still have the old one and when I try to update it gave me the 11/2 patch. Then I restarted and even shut down the device to refresh the update and nothing.

However, I noticed my fan is turning on as if it's working on something. Anybody have any advice on how I can get the update to install properly?

Thanks!

Not the typical BSOD - but I had a Black SOD.

I had some weird issue with that update. Hold down power button for a full 30 seconds to do a restart. Then turn it on again. I had to do that twice. First time I had to start downloading the update again, etc. Second time, it was evidently in the middle of doing a "prepare" for update or something, and the screen never came on. Had to do it again, and then re-run the update. 3rd time was a charm.