What's new

Build 9926 and rotation

cvc988

I'm on SP3 and Win10 9926 and can no longer find the monitor rotation option. Any ideas? I see "lock rotation of this display" but turning that on or off doesn't really do anything.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably want to put this in the windows 10 thread, not here.

That said, i just went into the screen options, rotation was off, i guess because the keyboard had just been attached, but if i lock rotation, it doesn't rotate, if i allow rotation, it rotates. What exactly is the issue you are encountering? A failure to lock? Or a failure not to lock? Is it universal application specific?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ah, i see. I have never had any experience with rotation shortcuts, can't really see a use for them. What do they accomplish? No doubt that if it is a feature deemed worthy, then it will be implemented in future builds but isn't seen as a priority at this point in time.

OP
C

cvc988

Ah, i see. I have never had any experience with rotation shortcuts, can't really see a use for them. What do they accomplish? No doubt that if it is a feature deemed worthy, then it will be implemented in future builds but isn't seen as a priority at this point in time.

It isn't really a shortcut, it is navigating to a menu and changing the dropdown. It is used to rotate the screen when you rotate your monitor.

ScottyS

I'm looking for the drop down that says "Orientation". This screen: http://cdn3.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/features/3497224/Rotate_Screen_Windows_Orientation.jpg

It existed on the last few builds. If I turn the lock off, none of the screen rotation key shortcuts work.
Right click on Desktop and pick Screen Resolution. Same dialog box can be reached via the old Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution. But in the new settings (ie: MUI) there's only that lock rotation switch.

ScottyS

Today I took my SP3 to work (didn't go yesterday because of the northeast snow storm), and had problems with rotate in Win10. It would rotate upside downs and I couldn't get it to switch to right side up by rotating it.
If you look closely at the new Settings/Display it says "Lock rotation on this display"

While in the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution it has
an orientation drop down list, but not just "for this display".
upload_2015-1-28_19-6-11.png upload_2015-1-28_19-7-17.png
So does this mean the new way to do this setting is display specific? If I set it to lock when using my desktop monitor, it will still rotate when I unplug it and use it as a tablet? Today I had to negotiate using the orientation drop down list both as a tablet and mousing upside down on my monitor.