What's new

Built in screen protector

strykerpsg

Built in screen protector?

Hello all,

I bought an applied the Incipio "self healing" protective screen film and was mostly ok with the results until I purchased the Incipio hard case and it's tight fit caused the film to come up all the way around. Since I liked the case and really wanted to get the Zagg variant anyway, I removed the Incipio film. What I realized is there is another film that was already attached to the screen. I also noticed that when I removed the Incipio hard case to clean my Surface before applying the new Zagg film, there were bubbles and areas where the factory film was coming up from the removal of the Incipio hard case. Can or should this film be removed before applying the Zagg film?

Recommendations greatly sought and appreciated.

Is it possible for someone to comment if there tablet has a thin film cover on their screen? I guess it's possible that I never removed some additional film when installing the Incipio self healing film. Look to see if there's a film cut out around your front viewing camera on top of your screen. If you could reply in kind, it'll prevent me from taking a trip to my local BestBuy store. Thanks in advance and my apologies for a noob question.

Matt

Last edited:

Booch

Not quite sure I understand the op, but, the surface is shipped with a thin film covering the screen. Outside of that, there is nothing. Can't imagine that's what you're referring to though.

MickeyLittle

Not quite sure I understand the op, but, the surface is shipped with a thin film covering the screen. Outside of that, there is nothing. Can't imagine that's what you're referring to though.

Thin film? I've never seen this thin film. Mine has the entire tablet wrapped in plastic. Is this what you are referring to as the thin film? If so I believe your word choice to be confusing.:smile:

If not then I need to look a lot closer at my screen.

Booch

I seem to remember pulling off what would seem to be a cheap protector from the screen. I used the description 'thin film' because it was used in the op, and felt they may have been referring to the shipping wrap. Again, outside of that, there is nothing. That shouldn't be that confusing.

Of the four SP2s that I had none had a screen protector. They were wrapped in a protective plastic wrap. The wrap has to be removed to use the device.

MickeyLittle

I seem to remember pulling off what would seem to be a cheap protector from the screen. I used the description 'thin film' because it was used in the op, and felt they may have been referring to the shipping wrap. Again, outside of that, there is nothing. That shouldn't be that confusing.

It's cool. I've just had the 2 Surface Pro 2s and an original Surface and they all just had the wrap that was 1 big sheet of plastic that went around the entire device. No biggie.

drolem

What I realized is there is another film that was already attached to the screen. I also noticed that when I removed the Incipio hard case to clean my Surface before applying the new Zagg film, there were bubbles and areas where the factory film was coming up from the removal of the Incipio hard case. Can or should this film be removed before applying the Zagg film?
You should remove the factory film, if you have it.