What's new

Bunch of new Intel updates 5/10

Eplak

Anyone else got a bunch of updates from Intel?
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller.
  • Intel driver update for Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500.
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Control Logic.
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Front.
  • Intel driver update for Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500.
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Rear.
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft IR Camera Front.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Appears to be ALL about the cameras
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 update history | Surface firmware updates
May 2016 updates
The following updates will be listed when you check for updates in Windows or view your Windows update history after installing the updates:

• Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Control Logic
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller
  • Intel driver update for Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Front
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Rear
  • Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft IR Camera Front

cmergel

Anybody else on the SP4 that is domained joined and not running as a local admin get prompted for elevated permissions to install these updates and the previous released updates. Last two updates have prompted for elevated permissions which has never previously required elevated permissions. Strange.

Compusmurf

Odd, these look like the same camera updates as last month, just reissued for folks who had issues???? Anyone compare further driver version numbers?

wynand32

Odd, these look like the same camera updates as last month, just reissued for folks who had issues???? Anyone compare further driver version numbers?

I checked, all of the drivers are the same versions and dates as the ones released in April.

Vikram

They are indeed the same as the ones released in April. I think that these drivers failed for a number of users (including me), and it was a "known issue" for MS. So I guess they fixed whatever caused the failure, and released them again. Of course, some of us :) could not wait for the fix, and already installed them manually from the manual install driver package.

OP
E

Eplak

I did not have issues with the last release, but i still got these updates... Any explainations?

Mastiff

I installed them last month, and again now (well, Windows update did), and now the touchscreen stops working about ten times as often as before. Annoying as hell! I have to use the type cover to hibernate (I have the power button to sleep now that it isn't using up all the power through the night in sleep mode) and then wake it up again to get the touchscreen function back.