What's new

Buy at the us store from Europe

nachonadal85

I realised that with the same amount for the i5 4Gb in Europe I would buy the i5 8Gb and also with the fingerprint ID type cover...
I cancelled my order at the European store, but when I'm trying to order it at the US store it seems that only you would purchase it if you were physically at the States (a local phone number and a real address are needed, no post box).
So... Do you know how can I do it? Pleaseeee

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Placing the order aside, it may appear cheaper but consider the postage, and how that price might change when/if customs decide to take interest in it.

OP
N

nachonadal85

Here the i5 4Gb costs 1249 € and at the US store the 8Gb costs 1394,15 € (including every kind of fees) obviously don't know about the customs...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here the i5 4Gb costs 1249 € and at the US store the 8Gb costs 1394,15 € (including every kind of fees) obviously don't know about the customs...
I do t know how it works, but they could very well look at it and just charge you the difference in retail value in your country compared to the declared value.

It's just more risk than its worth. If it were that simple we would all be doing it.

leeshor

In the early 90s I had a neighbor who was a resident of London but was here for a year do purchase real estate for various investors in the UK, but he was also crazy about tech. He could purchase components in the US, pay the import fees in the UK and shipping and still sell the components for less than the wholesalers in the UK and make a profit. I still don't know how he could undercut purchasing the the components directly from Taiwan but that's the way it was and he understood the import/export business very well. Eventually he started doing that full time and last I heard was doing very well.

It seems very little has changed

joga

go ahead and try shipito.com. i used it to purchase the original SP at release day. it works great. dont forget about the tax and delivery cost. DHL delivery from USA to germany is fast. i remember the delivery of my SP took only about 3 days (from MS store --> shipito --> germany)

btw.. i life in germy too.

daniielrp

I've purchased from the US to UK before, but normally you'll pay £50 shipping and then get taxed. Last time DHL paid the tax to the Queen or whoever gets it and essentially held my parcel to random until I paid them.

Another time I got my parcel and never heard anything about tax. 3 months later HM Revenue and Customs sent a letter demanding the tax...

I've learnt it's not worth the hassle.

OP
N

nachonadal85

go ahead and try shipito.com. i used it to purchase the original SP at release day. it works great. dont forget about the tax and delivery cost. DHL delivery from USA to germany is fast. i remember the delivery of my SP took only about 3 days (from MS store --> shipito --> germany)

btw.. i life in germy too.
Did you use shipito with a post box? And now you need a local phone local, so I probably will have a Skype local phone number for one month (it only costs 5,7€)