What's new

Buying apps outside my area/location?

nypraise

I have changed my location on my Surface Pro to get Access to more apps in the store. Since I am in Norway I have fewer apps avail when in Windows Store. I can download free apps from other regions, but I can´t seem to buy apps from let say USA. Are there any workaround for this? :)

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

ArnoldC

@nypraise, I am in the Philippines with a Surface RT purchased from Australia. I am able to purchase applications, in-app purchase, without changing the location. Can I test one of the applications you're trying to purchase?

OP
N

nypraise

Have you tried the steps in the sticky post at the top of this forum section?

Yes, this is what I do. But when I try to purchase from USA account it ask for payment info and I need to insert a US adresse. Payment info for use here in Norway Works just fine.

OP
N

nypraise

@nypraise, I am in the Philippines with a Surface RT purchased from Australia. I am able to purchase applications, in-app purchase, without changing the location. Can I test one of the applications you're trying to purchase?

I don´t remember the name of the app. I was just testing it. But can you buy from the US store?