What's new

By the 20th?

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Microsoft finally took my money. I can't remember the last time I was happy for that to happen but looking at my credit card balance and seeing a $1200 bump brought a cheer of victory rather than the sound of defeat.

tuchas

Finally. My AMEX has been charged for the full amount. MS Store still says "in process", but this is definitely great news.

FYI - ordered the i5/256, black type cover and extra pen on June 5. I am in Illinois.

cardinalryan

Best Buy has now charged my card, however, until this charge hard posts to my account I have no reason to believe that it is not just another hold on the funds.

Seneleron

Best Buy has now charged my card, however, until this charge hard posts to my account I have no reason to believe that it is not just another hold on the funds.

Out of curiosity, when did you pre-order?

geckoking

My card had been charged. Order microsoft store 6/7. West coast. I5 128gb. Now waiting for shipping confirmation.

Last edited:

SaddleSC

Boom...MS just charged my AMEX the full amount for my 128/i5 pre-ordered on 6.6 including the Red Type Cover (that is still showing as backordered through the MS Store). I live in Colorado. Very very exciting!!!

Just for everyone's own reference...my wife's 256/i5 ordered this past Sunday has not been charged yet.

Last edited:

JesseDiaz

BOOM BOOM! My card was charged at 12:05 for an i5/256. I pre-ordered on 6/6. Im in Southern California-San Bernardino
I am so happy!

Forgot to add that I dont have a shipping confirmation or anything and MS store has the status as "Order in Process"

Last edited:

scfoster

Mine got charged twice... one with the student discount and one at full price. Checked the Microsoft store and yes there are two orders. I had to call in to get the student discount with the Fat Wallet 8% discount. Looks like the service rep took the easy way out and just created a new order at the lower price.

Cupcakes

Yeah it's been an adventure for me. I was out eating with friends then I get a email from my credit card company...fraud alert. I had to talk to them and tell them I am making that charge.

I had to call the rep for them to try to recharge my card. I did not get the email to try again or update my credit card aftr the call.

And I wasn't getting another charge...

So I spoke with a rep on live chat and just as I was speaking to that rep, I get a phone call..

"Hi I am the rep that you spoke to a hour ago. I see that you are speaking to another representative about the same issue. Did you not understand anything?"

Then I was too embarassed to tell the other representative that another one called me

So I ended up talking to them both, one via phone and one via computer

The call ended at the same time, not one knew about the other...and I recieved an email saying they authorized my card and it will be charged when it ships...

i sure hope that the authorization drops cause I don't have enough for 2 x $1377 charges...

JesseDiaz

Yeah it's been an adventure for me. I was out eating with friends then I get a email from my credit card company...fraud alert. I had to talk to them and tell them I am making that charge.

I had to call the rep for them to try to recharge my card. I did not get the email to try again or update my credit card aftr the call.

And I wasn't getting another charge...

So I spoke with a rep on live chat and just as I was speaking to that rep, I get a phone call..

"Hi I am the rep that you spoke to a hour ago. I see that you are speaking to another representative about the same issue. Did you not understand anything?"

Then I was too embarassed to tell the other representative that another one called me

So I ended up talking to them both, one via phone and one via computer

The call ended at the same time, not one knew about the other...and I recieved an email saying they authorized my card and it will be charged when it ships...

i sure hope that the authorization drops cause I don't have enough for 2 x $1377 charges...

Oh man...that sucks...
I called my CC compnay to tell them I was charging the amount..and it was coming from MS Store...just in case