What's new

CalDAV and CardDAV Support for Google Calendar... Missing?

Matt J

Hi All,

I just picked up a Surface RT a week ago and am dismayed that it seems to be the only tablet on the planet that can't sync with Google Calendar. My 2 year old PlayBook has no issue at all...

Will MS be fixing this problem soon? Any word?

spectre51

Hi All,

I just picked up a Surface RT a week ago and am dismayed that it seems to be the only tablet on the planet that can't sync with Google Calendar. My 2 year old PlayBook has no issue at all...

Will MS be fixing this problem soon? Any word?

I believe the is coming with 8.1 though I may be wrong. I'm patiently waiting for it too. For the mean time I just pinned the webpage for my calendar.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

OP
M

Matt J

I believe the is coming with 8.1 though I may be wrong. I'm patiently waiting for it too. For the mean time I just pinned the webpage for my calendar.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

One would think this would be a basic feature of any tablet :(

stlbud

No, 8.1 did not address this issue. Very disappointing.

Even more disappointing is the loss of integration with Facebook, Flickr, and more in Calendar and Photos. In some ways, 8.1 looks like Microsoft has abandoned the idea of Hubs becoming a centralized collection point for information.

OP
M

Matt J

Good news! There is an app in the Windows Store that can now sync Google Calendar, Exchange, Facebook, Hotmail, Live and Outlook all in one!!!

It's called OneCalendar

The developer is Blue Edge