What's new

Calender Synch Across Windows 8 Devices

joemader

I thought the calendar app stayed synchronous across devices...but all of my appointments I've made on my Windows 8 computer are not showing up on my calendar app on my Surface.

Any thoughts? Help? I don't wanna miss events bc i'm not looking at the right device.

Thanks
Joe

TrentonT

It syncs accross all my Windows devices make an appointment on my phone and it is on all my Windows 8 and 7 computers plus my Surface RT.
Keep in mind that when adding items to your Hotmail calendar it must sync with the mother ship before it is avalable accross your other connected devices.

SopranoSV

I'm using a GMail account exclusively for contacts and calendar and it syncs two laptops, Surface RT, iPad Mini, Blackberry, iPhone 4

OP
J

joemader

Ok. They're both linked to my Outlook, Gmail, Facebook, and Twitter Accounts...(not all are used for calendar)

I'm currently in class on my surface and its set to share, I'll check my PC soon but I think it's set to share. Thanks for the help, I'll let you know!

OP
J

joemader

The only things that were turned off under "synch your settings" was Personalize & Desktop Personalization, along with 'synch even when i'm roaming'.

I turned all of these to ON and my surface background quickly changed to match my Computer...after closing and reopening the calendar on both devices, however, they still aren't synching. :(

bosamar

On your RT go to:

Charms Bar > Settings > Change PC settings > Users

Verify Your account. It should be your Microsoft Account email address. If it is a Local Account you are doing it wrong.

Then go to More account settings online - this is your Microsoft account summary. In Overview near the bottom it will list what Microsoft Account enabled devices you have linked to the account.

Under Permissions you can Manage Linked Accounts/Add accounts

roblevas

I'm using a GMail account exclusively for contacts and calendar and it syncs two laptops, Surface RT, iPad Mini, Blackberry, iPhone 4

How did you get your surface to sync with your Google calendar? The last time it tried, I think there was an error.