What's new

Calibrating with Spyder4 Pro

I have a spyder4 and before running it my screen was too bright. Using LightRoom I edited a picture RAW file of a guy walking a dog outside. It looked good on my SP2 after the edit but after looking at it on another monitor it was super bright and the guy and dog looked like they were walking on the air...

after setting what looked good on my SP2
you can see how much brighter it is.. way too bright but looked like the next one

IMG_9968 by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

so this was after I re-edited the pic and lowered the exposure and made it very dark on my SP2

IMG_9968 by TeleFragger / RootBreaker, on Flickr

OP
T

TeleFragger

Hahhaha..... yup where I started using it.... did I ever play you then? My bro in law and I owned in that game. I could predict where someone would teleport so id run in a different one and frag them from the teleport.... hence \eleFragger... hah

OP
T

TeleFragger

Hahhaha..... yup where I started using it.... did I ever play you then? My bro in law and I owned in that game. I could predict where someone would teleport so id run in a different one and frag them from the teleport.... hence \eleFragger... hah

Woops

TeleFragger ... still waking up

reach

At which brightness setting did u calibrate it? Did you disable auto brightness? I think it would be hard to calibrate the SP2 reliably, because the only 2 reference brightness settings are full and lowest, both arent suited for calibration.

godson594

lol.. Crazy thing is I was never a computer/electronics guy (car world) and then I got my first taste of Quake and it was downhill from there... I played Team Fortress when it was a mod for quakeworld (that was in the early 90s) and here I am now still playing Team Fortress 2 :D

I played so many people I couldn't remember a name if my life depended on it lol

Do you still play? Quakelive? is supposed to be poppin

GoodBytes

I am not knowledgeable on calibration. But I know that by default Intel has it's display power management thing, which is a renamed: Dynamic contrast ratio on the desktop, feature is enabled. You are not saving power. In fact, I find to increase the brightness to compensate, so it makes things wrose.

To disable it, being plugged in, should do the trick. But I have seen it kick-in regardless. To disable it:
-> If you have March firmware upgrade: screen flickering - Windows Phone Central Forums
-> If you don't: http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...surface-tweak-tool-surface-pro-2-release.html