What's new

Call Surface Support for replacement pen

MagicPoop

*Don't know it this is the proper category to put this in.

Some time ago, I called support to tell them that my charging chord was fraying at the edge of the connector and they immediately sent me a replacement, no fees or questions asked.

Do you guys think if I ask for a replacement pen they'll issue me one? Wouldn't hurt to try right... :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess, hello my pen cord is fraying... :)

They will send you replacement nibs (the little tip is replaceable).

The eraser should never wear out but it might be worth a try... :)

There are two replaceable batteries... sorry those are on you.

I guess the buttons could stick, wear out, or pop off.

Just curious, what's wrong with yours?

HeavyHanded

My pen is all weird. It intermittently stops writing or drawing for no reason. I've changed batteries twice, but no effect. I bought a nee pen and it works perfectly. I'm calling Microsoft tomorrow demanding a replacement.

malberttoo

The pen is covered under the same warranty as the Surface, and Complete coverage applies to the pen as well.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Surface support is great. I had a chat session with them about my pen issues, they sent me a new one the next day!

MS support is pretty good eh :) I got a brand new keyboard in the post a couple of days ago. The only downside of observing such good MS support is that we are learning how good it is because of their QC isues. On one device in 12 months i've now needed a new pen, keyboard, and charger. The surface actually needs replacing but plan to do that once i am ready to sell.

MS support is pretty good eh :) I got a brand new keyboard in the post a couple of days ago. The only downside of observing such good MS support is that we are learning how good it is because of their QC isues. On one device in 12 months i've now needed a new pen, keyboard, and charger. The surface actually needs replacing but plan to do that once i am ready to sell.
Unfortunatly you're right...however the surface has revolutionized much for me, but there are definitely distinct QC items to address...wouldn't matter so much if the price paid was commensurate with the actual unit, but no matter how useful the surface is, it is still WAY overpriced!!