What's new

Camera app open

JesseDiaz

Hi everyone-

I'm finding that when I close my type cover and later on open it, my camera app is open. I never use it but about 50% of the time it somehow is on even though I didn't use it before. THis is causing serious battery drainage. Anyone experiencing this? Anyone know how to stop this or what I'm doing to have this happen?

ctitanic

Hi everyone-

I'm finding that when I close my type cover and later on open it, my camera app is open. I never use it but about 50% of the time it somehow is on even though I didn't use it before. THis is causing serious battery drainage. Anyone experiencing this? Anyone know how to stop this or what I'm doing to have this happen?

Is still doing it if you reboot the machine? Probably the best solution in your case is to refresh the device.

OP
JesseDiaz

JesseDiaz

Is still doing it if you reboot the machine? Probably the best solution in your case is to refresh the device.

THanks...Ill try that but Im sure Ive done that before...several times since I received the SP3......BUt it seems to keep soming back

daniielrp

Do you have the option enabled for you to swipe down on the lock screen to open the camera? (it's on my SP2, not sure about SP3)

Check settings> pc and devices> lock screen> camera.

If this is there and is ON, might be worth turning it off and seeing if that helps.

OP
JesseDiaz

JesseDiaz

Do you have the option enabled for you to swipe down on the lock screen to open the camera? (it's on my SP2, not sure about SP3)

Check settings> pc and devices> lock screen> camera.

If this is there and is ON, might be worth turning it off and seeing if that helps.

You are the man,...I didn't even know that was an option...but that's what it was...

Thanks