What's new

Solved Camera as Image Device?

maheda

Hi,

could everybody explain me, how i can install the webcam as an image device?
The Device "Intel AVStream Camera 2500" is only listed in Sound- , Video- and Gamecontroller.
I tried all available drivers from Microsoft, but I always get a error message.

cu maheda

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That is by design - the device CLID reports as a Sound, Video and game controller. What are you attempting to do?

OP
M

maheda

We use a Software "Unitwain" to emulate a webcam as a scanner. By this way we can take a picture directly in our healthcare software over a implemented ScanButton.
We tested with Windows 7 and a Fujitsu Notebook and its functioned properly.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
We use a Software "Unitwain" to emulate a webcam as a scanner. By this way we can take a picture directly in our healthcare software over a implemented ScanButton.
We tested with Windows 7 and a Fujitsu Notebook and its functioned properly.
It looks like the solution uses an older .Net Assembly "DirectShow" which also appears to be deprecated in later .Net releases, make sure you've installed .Net Framework 3.51 on these devices and it might make the API visible.

OP
M

maheda

Hello Jeff,

.Net Framework 3.51 is installed.
Do you know, where I can get a twain driver für the camera?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You might need to copy dlls from your W7 installation directly to the SP. We've had to do that with some software to get some legacy things to work.

OP
M

maheda

I fixed the problem :)
I had to add the path to unitwain to the windows envoirment variables and now unitwain is dedected in our software.
Thank you all for your support.