What's new

camera on surface pro 3

veracee

I have posted this on a different forum....maybe this is the correct one to post it on.
I am unable to send Skype video message on my Surface pro3. All i get is a turning circle in the middle of the screen, and the camera light comes on. It tells me "looking good" and to click record....but nothing happens.
I have no other problems with my camera....i am able to have video calls on skype.
Can anyone help please?
Vera.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@veracee , You must grant Skype permission to use your Webcam.
Search for "Webcam Privacy" and find Skype in the list. Change the switch to "On".

Also, remember, you cannot place video calls to cell phones (including smartphones) or land lines. Only other Skype (computer) phones.

The Skype app might work for you, too.

OP
V

veracee

@veracee , You must grant Skype permission to use your Webcam.
Search for "Webcam Privacy" and find Skype in the list. Change the switch to "On".

Also, remember, you cannot place video calls to cell phones (including smartphones) or land lines. Only other Skype (computer) phones.

The Skype app might work for you, too.
thanks for your reply. I have already checked the permission and ticked it. I am trying to send video message to friend on Skype who i have no trouble having video calls with.

OP
V

veracee

The Skype App not recognizing the Surface Pro 3 (and Pro 2) camera is a known problem, and it seems Microsoft will address it properly with Windows 10.
Meanwhile, the desktop version of Skype on the Surface Pro 3 should work.
when do you think we will be getting Windows 10?
In the meantime i am going to install a different camera and see if that works.
Seems very odd that Microsoft should put out Surface Pro3 with inbuilt camera, that does not work with Skype which Microsoft also own!!
I just installed my Logitech webcam and it works perfectly!!! Come on Microsoft....i paid a fortune for this Surface, and i expect it to work properly!!!

Last edited: