What's new

Can a surface hub be configured without Active Directory or Azure?

TimDB

Hi,

we ordered a Surface hub.

in the documentation i find following info:

Dependency
Active Directory or Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
The Surface Hub's uses an Active Directory or Azure AD account (called a device account) to access Exchange and Skype for Business services. The Surface Hub must be able to connect to your Active Directory domain controller or to your Azure AD tenant in order to validate the device account’s credentials, as well as to access information like the device account’s display name, alias, Exchange server, and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) address.
Purpose
You can also domain join or Azure AD join your Surface Hub to allow a group of authorized users to configure settings on the Surface Hub.

In our company we don't have active directory or azure: would that mean we can't configure the surface hub?
The company who sells us the surface hub can't tell us if we do :s

We have O365 and I have an Enterprise E3 license ready for the surface hub.
Is Azure AD standard in O365?

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

we ordered a Surface hub.

in the documentation i find following info:

Dependency
Active Directory or Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
The Surface Hub's uses an Active Directory or Azure AD account (called a device account) to access Exchange and Skype for Business services. The Surface Hub must be able to connect to your Active Directory domain controller or to your Azure AD tenant in order to validate the device account’s credentials, as well as to access information like the device account’s display name, alias, Exchange server, and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) address.
Purpose
You can also domain join or Azure AD join your Surface Hub to allow a group of authorized users to configure settings on the Surface Hub.

In our company we don't have active directory or azure: would that mean we can't configure the surface hub?
The company who sells us the surface hub can't tell us if we do :s

We have O365 and I have an Enterprise E3 license ready for the surface hub.
Is Azure AD standard in O365?
Yes, You have a free version of Azure AD with your E3 Subscription - please look at this documentation:

Online deployment with Office 365 (Surface Hub)

Microsoft Surface Hub