What's new

Can not connect to NAS

FURJIO

Hello,

This week's SB superbug is my connection to the Network Storage. This weekend, not having changed anything in particular (except making a few drawings testing mischief) my connection the the NAS suddenly disappeared. The shortcuts are there but when I click them, they just give me Error Code 0x80070035 "The network path was not found". I can't figure out exactly what is wrong, and checked all the other computers (there are 3, one win 8.1 and two win10) in my network and all of them can seem to connect fine witth the NAS. This is a Synology DS215.

On the windows explorer, the NAS does not appear, but under the Network header it lists the NAS under "Media Devices". I am a bit lost how this could happen.

Appreciate any pointers on this. THanks!

leeshor

That almost sounds like a setting change in the NAS. Have you tried to restart it, have there been any firmware updates for it?

OP
F

FURJIO

All the pending updates in the NAS are updated, and it is also properly detected and working with two other windows 10 computers in the network - one on cable and the other wireless. It was working fine until just this weekend.

-yes also restarted several times now...

Last edited:
OP
F

FURJIO

Just now I tried turning off windows firewall and defender temporarily just to see if that was somehow blocking the connection. ----> still cannot connect. I have not installed any antivirus software yet.

leeshor

You misunderstood the question. Can your Surface Book see the other Windows systems?

leeshor

Something is not right with the NAS is you can see the other shares, despite the fact that the other systems can see it. Either that or some other security changed on either your Surface or the NAS. There is no other reasonable explanation.

Did you by any chance change from a Microsoft to a local account or the other way around.