What's new

Can tweeting a page ever be as easy as on an iphone???

CreativeLemming

Pandora Internet Radio - Listen to Free Music You'll Love. I'm pretty sure the surface has a browser.
How popular is Pandora? not so much apparently, not available outside of the US.
BTW, just bought myself an Iphone and found out I can't swipe from the right and save a web page to OneNote. All of my stuff is on OneNote, and I need to swipe from the right and share in one click. Why won't the iPhone let me do this, worst device ever, sort it out Apple - I think I'll be returning it tomorrow.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
As for the others...Yes I bashed it because it deserves bashing. A good product isn't dumbed down, it works intuitively. The charm menu stinks. Why should I swipe anything when, back to the iPad... I can just tap a button and it tweets it? The problem ultimately is windows 8 so I can adjust I suppose. Microsoft is in a tough position because if they copy Apply than they well, have copied Apple. What they are doing now though is being different for no reason, complicating simple tasks for no reason and being same old stubborn Microsoft.

The Charms work as intended, giving you a consistent UI across the Modern UI

As for the one person who gave a legit answer. The vpn options stink. Sorry, yes it may support some - but no apps? Yes back to the apps. Most of the apps I like on my iPhone aren't on the Surface, popular sites and programs? Why is that? Someone said it was the best selling tablet, etc than why is nobody developing decent apps??? Why so many 2 and 3 star reviews??? Why no Pandora??? How popular is Pandora??? Sure it has iHeart radio and TuneIn, but my stuff is on Pandora. An app would be nice.

As the person who gave you the legit answers....Why would we need a VPN App when the functionality is built into the base OS? Pandora works perfectly from the browser, if you really want a Pandora App, Graffiti Radio work great and suppresses the Ads. Two and three reviews are common across most App Stores. iOS started the while App scenario because their Browser didn't support most if the Internet, Apps were the work around because it is a Phone OS.

It has a USB port and yet I can't plug in my USB modem and use it??? Why? It won't let me install the software. Sorry, lame. They put a USB port on it. Great! Then they cut it's nuts off. That sums up the entire tablet. It has some great and cool features, but Microsoft cut it's nuts off. They hobbled it. They put chains around it's legs so it couldn't run.

It is up to your Modem IHV vendor or provider to supply drivers for any OS, RT runs on ARM not an x86 CPU, that is why you can't install your software it incompatible with the Architecture. The USB port support external storage, printer, scanners, HID Devices, etc. What can iOS do with its USB port? Oh that's right nothing because it doesn't have one

EMINENT

Just to add, i'd rather have Adobe Flash and a usable browser than a bajillion apps for stuff I don't need.

I love it when people bring up the app complaint. As to why no one is developing.... Hmm... well Apple did have a few years head start. Same goes for Windows Phone 8, yet people expect it to be on par with the other two that started years before.

And, a usb modem isn't going to be any safer than a portable hotspot. lol!

CrippsCorner

3. Finally my biggest pet peeve and maybe someone can answer. Is there a way, a browser, an app - anything, to make tweeting a page easy? On my iphone I click this box with an arrow and I have the option to tweet link, bookmark, etc. I don't see anything close on my surface RT.

Swipe from the right to expose the Charms Menu, select Share and if you have Twitter App installed you can Tweet to your hearts delight...

Jeff have you actually tried doing this? It doesn't work for me... I have the Twitter app installed but despite wherever I open the Charm, there's nothing there to share it with
yelling.png

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff have you actually tried doing this? It doesn't work for me... I have the Twitter app installed but despite wherever I open the Charm, there's nothing there to share it with
yelling.png

Yes, I've used the Share Contract with the Twitter App with both my Surface 2 and Pro 2....it only works with the Modern UI version of IE BTW.

CrippsCorner

Yes, I've used the Share Contract with the Twitter App with both my Surface 2 and Pro 2....it only works with the Modern UI version of IE BTW.

Okay, you're absolutely right! I guess I was trying it with a non-compatible app... works fine in Modern UI IE :) thanks.