What's new

Can we change the nibs on the Surface Pen?

mitchellvii

I see that Wacom has a wide selection of pen nibs for sale. One is the "felt" nib which I would love to try. Can we replace the hard plastic nib on our Surface pen?

Amazon.com: Intuos 4 Hard Felt Nibs 5 pk: Computers & Accessories <<< Don't buy these they do not fit. The nibs for the Bamboo Feel are supposed to fit.
31Ty-gIc0NL._SX300_.jpg

P.S., I honestly wonder why MS defaulted to the hard plastic nibs as that seems to be the most slippery on glass?

Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Based upon a post in another forum, the nibs are in fact replaceable. I am going to order some of these felt tip nibs and see how I like them. Hope it works!

Looks like the replacement nibs are 1 inch long, same as the MS nib so we should be golden :)

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Typically you get an Metal O-Ring with a little notch that lines up to the diameter of the nib to remove it, When I ordered felt Nibs Wacom included one with the order.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have the Pro, but I've used the Felt and Spring Nibs on previous Tablet PCs. The Felt feel much like pencil on paper, but they wear quickly. The Spring Nibs feels like a Roller Ball Pen, these were actually my favorite Nib. I ordered directly from Wacom and the included the Nib Puller, but so did every ODM that I bought from.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I don't have the Pro, but I've used the Felt and Spring Nibs on previous Tablet PCs. The Felt feel much like pencil on paper, but they wear quickly. The Spring Nibs feels like a Roller Ball Pen, these were actually my favorite Nib. I ordered directly from Wacom and the included the Nib Puller, but so did every ODM that I bought from.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I am excited (as one can be about such a thing) about the felt tip nibs. I am a note taker and as bad as my handwriting is on paper, it is completely unintelligible on the SP with the hard plastic nib. Although they wear quickly I'm sure 5 will last me quite a while.

Talldog

Ok, so I never heard of the word "nib" until I read this post. I guess it was worth getting out of bed this morning after all.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Ok, so I never heard of the word "nib" until I read this post. I guess it was worth getting out of bed this morning after all.

The beauty of the Surface is that you don't even have to get out of bed if you don't want to ;)

drksilenc

o yea just an fyi i just got the Bamboo Stylus feel carbon | Wacom and it comes with several replacement nubs ill try the ones that come with it in the stock pen

Just an fyi it seems that the replacement nubs do fit but they are 1/16 of an inch difference in legnth shorter not much but cant use the nub puller had to use fingernail clippers to remove. no damage to the nub because i did it very lightly.

Also one slight issue with the new stylus i got is the end of it doesnt erase.

Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Ok, I am officially now completely confused.

I got the impression from some folks in here that the Wacom Felt Nibs work with the Surface Pro Pen. I just received some and they don't. They are about 1/8 inch longer and a VERY tight squeeze to get in place. When I try to write with it the pen actually starts writing about 1/2 an inch above the screen - obviously not ideal. Seems that something is getting pushed the wrong way inside and causing an issue.

Any ideas on how to make these work?

# How is the Bamboo Feel working out for you?

Last edited: