What's new

Can winRT people please test my app for me?

oion

Do you have a specific test script for users to do? That would help... especially since I expect a lot of people won't remember whatever chem classes they had years ago to properly test.

OP
ChemCat

ChemCat

Do you have a specific test script for users to do? That would help... especially since I expect a lot of people won't remember whatever chem classes they had years ago to properly test.

No need to test. I work with a phd chemist on it. She double checks my work. I just need to know if it runs on RT.

oion

No need to test. I work with a phd chemist on it. She double checks my work. I just need to know if it runs on RT.

Well, accuracy aside, I meant like plugging in something and poking a series of buttons just to see if the results are as expected. For example, I was testing some software for our department and noted that the "back/forward" buttons didn't behave as we'd expect at all.

I can verify that it loads in WinRT. From the periodic table button (turns black when pressed) and then poking the element symbols, a little window with values/units pops up. Haven't tried anything else, though.

OP
ChemCat

ChemCat

Well, accuracy aside, I meant like plugging in something and poking a series of buttons just to see if the results are as expected. For example, I was testing some software for our department and noted that the "back/forward" buttons didn't behave as we'd expect at all.

I can verify that it loads in WinRT. From the periodic table button (turns black when pressed) and then poking the element symbols, a little window with values/units pops up. Haven't tried anything else, though.

Thank you. Just wanted to see if it runs at all on RT.

If it runs on RT, then I'm happy.

Edit.

By the way, the popups work in the trial version?

Before, I made the app work only for 7 days before it stops working. Got a couple emails, so I decided to make the trial unlimited time and full feature. The only difference between the trial and bought version is the trial has a popup saying it's a trial version everytime a person navigates between the tools.

Is the popup working when you're using it in your RT?

Last edited:

oion

Thank you. Just wanted to see if it runs at all on RT.

If it runs on RT, then I'm happy.

Edit.

By the way, the popups work in the trial version?

Before, I made the app work only for 7 days before it stops working. Got a couple emails, so I decided to make the trial unlimited time and full feature. The only difference between the trial and bought version is the trial has a popup saying it's a trial version everytime a person navigates between the tools.

Is the popup working when you're using it in your RT?

Oh yeah, and there's a trial popup thing when switching pages. So that works fine.