What's new

Can you no longer side scroll when in tablet mode?

Theguru

Like windows 8.1 you can side scroll through your apps back and forth and now when in tablet mode you can only scroll down and up?? is there anyway you can change that?

Thanks

No I do not think you can switch to "Last app used" from swiping in from the left like in 8.1.

Now when you swipe in from the left on W10, you just have the menu pull up all apps currently in use.

OP
T

Theguru

Sorry that's not what I meant...in windows 8.1 modern UI (aka metro UI) you swipe right to go through your apps in windows 10 in tablet mode you scroll down to go through your apps they no longer go of the screen..so is there anyway to change this?? seems silly I know...I think they done this to save space may be as the icons are now smaller...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems you have to have rotation locked, then you can rotate 90 and side scroll :D
Maybe in a future update.

OP
T

Theguru

yes I hope so...side scrolling (in my opinion of course) is better rather than having to scroll down...a lot of people say its worse...like it or lump it I guess

kristalsoldier

yes I hope so...side scrolling (in my opinion of course) is better rather than having to scroll down...a lot of people say its worse...like it or lump it I guess

True! But I for one also miss the side scrolling even though I use the S3 (in my case) as a pure tablet and in portrait mode. The way it currently is, the tablet interface resembles a Windows Phone screen with somewhat absurd tile arrangement limitations.

Derekamoss

I just want to know who the one a hole was that decided no horizontal scrolling in win10. You can't tell me out of all the people making win10 that that didnt come up. Nobody ever asked why not keep the start screen just like it is

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think horizontal scrolling its to make it moreakin to Windows Phone experience.
You mean vertical ... horizontal rotated 90 :). yes it seems there's a lot of Phoneness in W10... too much but MS is desperate to be relevant in Phones even if it costs them relevance in everything else. It will be great, making calls from our Desktops. :)

Tsurugaya

You mean vertical ... horizontal rotated 90 :). yes it seems there's a lot of Phoneness in W10... too much but MS is desperate to be relevant in Phones even if it costs them relevance in everything else. It will be great, making calls from our Desktops. :)
Yes yes I do. Shouldn't post while drinking Awamori.