What's new

Can you stream real player on Windows RT 8.1?

Ubeslife

New to the forum, as I am looking to buy a surface 2, but I need a concise clear answer that so far I have not found from searching online. I am taking online grad courses and the only way the university streams the course videos is through "real player", which I know sucks. However I dont have much of a choice. What I want to know is, can I do this on a surface 2 running windows RT 8.1?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There is a Real Player Cloud App in the Store, but as far as streaming from the web, if it is still using the legacy Real Format I don't think it would be supported....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well that would allow for the legacy plug-in....the Dell Venue Pro 8 works well for this type or the ASUS VivoTab Note 8

OP
U

Ubeslife

Thanks for the suggestions! I was actually just looking at those. They are more affordable for me than a surface pro.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My wife took the Dell VP8 to El Salvador for a 10 Day PHD Intensive Class and worked well for her...she also has a SP3 though but she didn't take that with her....

OP
U

Ubeslife

I think im going to give the dell VP8 a try. Its about the right size and will most likely due what I want in my price range. Maybe someday I will go for a surface pro, but I think for now its a bit out of my reach.