What's new

Cancelled my Surface Pro 2 256/8GB order :(

Tekn0

Unfortunately, here in Germany (at least in the part where I live) it appears the 256/8GB version is permanently out of stock and delivery from the USA is going to take months not weeks. The Microsoft sales guy in the MediaMarket store told me, when I made the order, it'll take 2 months, I did not believe him... now I do :(

I wish I could have got the Surface Pro 2, but unfortunatley I need the 8 GB for my workload and I cannot wait any longer for this.

I will continue my research to get a somewhat equivalent device.

I wish Microsoft take note of this and somehow work to fix their out-of-stock situation in places outside the USA.

I also fear if I do eventually get the device, if ANYTHING goes wrong with the device, the replacement will again takes me weeks or months because it's the 8GB configuration... unfortunate.

Cheers.

Last edited:

mennogreg

Unfortunately, here in Germany (at least in the part where I live) it appears the 256/8GB version is permanently out of stock and delivery from the USA is going to take months not weeks. The Microsoft sales guy in the MediaMarket store told me, when I made the order, it'll take 2 months, I did not believe him... now I do :(

I wish I could have got the Surface Pro 2, but unfortunatley I need the 8 GB for my workload and I cannot wait any longer for this.

I wish Microsoft take note of this and somehow work to fix their out-of-stock situation in places outside the USA.

Cheers.

Definitely sympathize. do you know anyone in the US who can order it and ship it out to you?

reach

Hallo Nachbar :)
Here in Austria it's also sold out since long before Xmas, but I've got all my 4 replacements immediately.
However - DON'T buy one! Honestly, it's the worst piece of sh... I've ever bought. After screwing up thousands of SP2s woth their first firmware update, they now - with the third update - managed to break mine againe, and this time badly. This time I seem to be alone with the issue, but who knows...

Unfortunatley there is no such device as the SP2 anywhere else, so I can't recommend any alternatives, but at least, don't get this one!

kevinlevrone

I also fear if I do eventually get the device, if ANYTHING goes wrong with the device, the replacement will again takes me weeks or months because it's the 8GB configuration... unfortunate.

Cheers.

I got my 256GB/8GB/4300U from eBay and I am very happy with it. The advantage is that you can ask the seller about the lot number if you want the newer CPU. Even if on eBay they are overpriced the final price is quite close to what you pay in Europe. Another option is to use a package forwarding company like MyUS and buy it directly from the US Microsoft store (it is very seldom in stock but I did catch it for a day about 2-3 days ago).

PS: Don't give up on it, it's a GREAT device. Any replacement is not quite there, I have studied a lot of what is currently available.

Last edited:

mennogreg

As much as I like my SP2, and I have fortunately not received the really bad issues as some others have, I think this is a blessing in disguise for you.

Maybe a SP1 suites your needs?

LuckyL

it's available here in the UK, via the UK Microsoft Online Store, PC World and John Lewis. Might be easier and cheaper to order from a EU member country rather than the US.

joga

Cheers.

I live in Germany too. I bought my original Surface Pro in the USA and got it shipped to Germany with shipito. It took less then a week from order to hold it in my hands. MS grants you a world wide waranty, so in case of a failure you can contact the german MS support and got it replaced with a germany SP2.

I would do it again.

joga

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8