What's new

Cannot login in Zinio App on Surface Pro

SENWI

Hi All,

I am new to the Windows 8 and Surface Pro scene. Have to say that so far, I am very much not impressed and still love my Windows 7 PC.

I have created a Zinio account and can login to the web-page no problem on the Surface as well as my PC (So my email address and password are correct).

I downloaded the Zinio Reader app from the MS Store. I open the app and no problems so far. I get the Explore and Shop home screen. Swipe/Settings/Account and I am brought to the apps login screen. Allows me to enter my email address no problem but will not allow me to enter any test into the password box. Once I try to type something in, the input window locks up and eventually the app crashes and takes me back to the Surface start screen.

I have uninstalled and re-downloaded and installed several times and all the same.

Any ideas??

OP
S

SENWI

Thanks - but no help :disappointed:

Is this a common issue? I have spent hours online and cannot find any additional info. Looking at the events log, the app is definitely crashing - here is the dump.

This seems like a small issue, but I only bought the surface to read magazines and such and cannot do so off line right now which is a PITA.

Faulting application name: ZinioReaderWin8.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x510ae99f
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16579, time stamp: 0x51637f77
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ebd59
Faulting process id: 0x174c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce8db72b6d6744
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ZinioLLC.Zinio_1.5.0.0_x64__0q6dqzpp40p2e\ZinioReaderWin8.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: cac129b6-f9ff-11e2-be75-6045bde7136d
Faulting package full name: ZinioLLC.Zinio_1.5.0.0_x64__0q6dqzpp40p2e
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Windows 8 Zenio App has been buggy from the start, I switch most of my magazines to Nook as their reader is much better...

OP
S

SENWI

Ya I wanted Nook, but it does not show up in the Windows Store on the Surface Pro for some reason.

OP
S

SENWI

Just did more research and figured out the app is not available when your region is set to Canada. How bloody stupid.