What's new

Cannot Program Pen Clicks

jerry2020

searched and read the posts re above.
Set up for pressure works.

when I try to program the pen the customization for the clicks are greyed out.

pairing just offered Left or Right hand, cursor .everything else is greyed out.

Any suggestions appreciated.

OP
J

jerry2020

Any suggestions on this. I attached a screen shot for programming the pen and as you can see the "click" programming option is greyed out. what am I missing here?
Thanks

Attachments

• Capture pen.PNG
    Capture pen.PNG
    552.8 KB · Views: 437

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
searched and read the posts re above.
Set up for pressure works.

when I try to program the pen the customization for the clicks are greyed out.

pairing just offered Left or Right hand, cursor .everything else is greyed out.

Any suggestions appreciated.

A stupid question right off the bat - Have paired the pen? If you need some help with that let me know - But....It does say in your picture that your pen is not paired. You can of course set up the pressure without the pen being paired.... To Pair the Pen - Just hold the top click button down until the light on the side of the pen is blinking, then go to Settings / Bluetooth / and Pair Your pen. I can say this much - you won't be able to do much of anything until that pen is paired.

On Another Note - (if your pen is paired-)

.....One thing I have found that fixes this issue is of course in Settings / Bluetooth - Forget the device - Then Carefully remove the battery, and then put it back in, and when you re-assemble the Pen - Ensure you close it up all snug and correctly - Re-Pair and that should have ya going. Of course you may want in un-install / re-install the Surface Pen App. Hope this helps.

Last edited: