What's new

Can't boot Windows

mirkojpn

Hello!

i have some issue with my surface pro 3 after latest update, i'm not able to boot into windows anymore, i have already tried with the surface pro 3 recovery image by following the guide on the microsoft surface site but doesn't help, i wasn't able to boot it, after loading for a while on the surface logo i'll get " ran into a problem" blue screen.

so, because i'm not at home and i need it right now, i'm using ubuntu right now that is working well, but there is no way to put windows back..

and i already did a call to the microsoft support center but they told me that my surface is out of warranty and they can't help me... that's frustrating because they has broke it!

any suggestion to solve it?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

i have some issue with my surface pro 3 after latest update, i'm not able to boot into windows anymore, i have already tried with the surface pro 3 recovery image by following the guide on the microsoft surface site but doesn't help, i wasn't able to boot it, after loading for a while on the surface logo i'll get " ran into a problem" blue screen.

so, because i'm not at home and i need it right now, i'm using ubuntu right now that is working well, but there is no way to put windows back..

and i already did a call to the microsoft support center but they told me that my surface is out of warranty and they can't help me... that's frustrating because they has broke it!

any suggestion to solve it?
Do you have access to another Windows box? You can make a recovery drive and attempt to repair the installation,

OP
M

mirkojpn

yes, I tried and it didn’t work. that was the second thing I have done. I am only able to boot Linux but no windows