What's new

Can't Delete or Unpin Strange OneDrive Folder from QuickAccess

Hey everyone,

I just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10. Most bugs I'm able to workaround. But there's one glitch I can't seem to solve.

After I upgraded, a strange blank folder appeared under QuickAccess called "OneDrive-2015-02-17" (note that I just upgraded yesterday, 2015-02-20). This is NOT my real OneDrive, which is located somewhere else and is simply called "OneDrive". This folder however, I'm not able to open. Trying to open it gives me this error:

screenshot1.png

If you notice in the picture, underneath the file it says it's located on the Desktop, but it's definitely not on my Desktop - I can only find it under QuickAccess. If I try to delete it, it says "Could not find this item." It asks me to verify its location and try again. So deleting it doesn't work. And if I right click and choose "Unpin from Quick Access", nothing happens at all. I have tried that dozens of times, and nothing happens at all. It seems stuck there. I can't open it, delete it, or unpin it.

Thanks for your help!

bluegrass

Ya. You have to expect a few strange quirks with the preview. I haven't had that one but I get a few strange things. If it doesn't cause any problems, I wouldn't worry about it now. See what happens after the next preview update comes along.

OP
E

EthanDavis

I was hoping that updating to the newest build (10041) would make this folder go away. Unfortunately, it's still there.
  • If I try to open it, I get the same error message as before (see screenshot above)
  • If I try to delete it, I get the error "Could not find this item This is no longer located in C:\Onedrive\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again"
  • If I try to unpin it from quick access, I nothing happens at all, as if my click wasn't registered.
I'm thinking of deleting the "Windows.old" folder, in hopes that that will make the folder go away. Do you guys know what deleting Windows.old does? Is this a bad idea?

Thanks again for your help!

OP
E

EthanDavis

• If I try to open it, I get the same error message as before (see screenshot above)
  • If I try to delete it, I get the error "Could not find this item This is no longer located in C:\Onedrive\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again"
  • If I try to unpin it from quick access, I nothing happens at all, as if my click wasn't registered.

The issue persists after upgrading to Build 10049. Any advice about whether or not it's safe to delete Windows.old, and whether or not that might make the folder go away?