What's new

can't get micro sd card in

CrippsCorner

Have you tried your cards in another slot? Another tablet or phone etc. it'll prove it's the Surface that's at fault or not.

OP
A

absresin

Have you tried your cards in another slot? Another tablet or phone etc. it'll prove it's the Surface that's at fault or not.
yes, cards did fit in my first SP3. I've just given up on whole SP3 experience. will just use this one as little as possible. thanks for trying to help!

CrippsCorner

That's a shame :( oh well, perfect excuse to get a Surface Pro 4! If this experience hasn't put you off completely...

RogerB

If they say they wont fix it (unlikely) then say never mind, and you are no worse off than not trying. So why not try?
I also had difficulty to begin with. It seems, to me anyway, that the card goes in at a very slight downward angle then straightens out.

lhauser

new 13 64 g can't get micro sd card in. tried two cards san disc 32 gig. looks like something blocking but hard to see. Maybe something I'm not doing right, need help as with 64G I really need to use these cards. thanks

If you don't want to make use of Microsoft's perfectly good warranty service (hey, it's your money...), I'd suggest getting a USB 3 card reader on Amazon. I got one by Transcend Information back in June, it's the size of a big flash drive, cost about $7, and has served me well.

OP
A

absresin

If you don't want to make use of Microsoft's perfectly good warranty service (hey, it's your money...), I'd suggest getting a USB 3 card reader on Amazon. I got one by Transcend Information back in June, it's the size of a big flash drive, cost about $7, and has served me well.
thanks, I don't trust Microsoft. Sent my i7 256 in for a ram problem and they said I had damaged it and wouldn't fix it. Screen did come back broken but not by me!! I'd rather not take any more chances. Thanks again