What's new

Cant get my monitors just right.....

JesseDiaz

Hello all-
So I finally got my Dell UH24 well two of them and I connected them on the display port. Ive checked my connections a million times but what I can get it to do is this.

I want one of my external monitors to mirror my SP3 and the other one will extend OR
I want external monitor 1 and external monitor #2 to mirror each other. Then I can throw up items from my SP3 to one of the external monitors. I would think that the 2nd option would be the preferred method so I can leave my resolution on my SP3 alone.
I can get all 2 external monitors and SP3 working at the same time as extending my display but as soon as I try to mirror, it errors and says its not a valid configuration

What Im trying to accomplish is when someone is sitting at my desk ( which has 2 chairs ) I have an external monitor that I can show them stuff without having to move monitors, configurations, etc

Help!!

Thanks

Seneleron

I strongly suspect you won't be able to do what you're looking to do while using the SP3's screen. If you disable the SP3 screen it should cause the other two screens to go primary / extend.

Ultimately in Windows it's Either mirror OR extend.

unruledboy

i believe there is a display splitter (or similar name) that can accept sp3 mini DisplayPort and multiple IDENTICAL (mirror) output.

OP
JesseDiaz

JesseDiaz

i believe there is a display splitter (or similar name) that can accept sp3 mini DisplayPort and multiple IDENTICAL (mirror) output.
Hmmm Okay so Im more typing outloud here but Im trying to visualize how a plitter would work in my setup. I have threee external moniotrs...daisy chained from Sp3. Right now the last one in the chain doesnt work....so this is the one I would connect to the splitter and then connect this splitter to the #3 monitor...THe porblem is the only OUT I have is a Display Port ( full ). I cant use the VGA or HDMI becuae they are all INs right?

OP
JesseDiaz

JesseDiaz

SO heres what I'm thinking about doing.... Leaving my SP3 connected to the Dell UH24s by daisy chaining them. Then buying a UD-3900 and connecting at least one other Dell 22"inch monitor to the HDMI from the USB 3.0 hub....
My question is if #1 and #2 monitors are daisy chained via display port and #3 is on the UD-3900 ( and of course by sp3 is still displaying as well ), can I get #3 (on UD-3900 ) to mirror #2 ( daisy chained)? While all other are extended?