What's new

Can't play XBOX videos

labrodent

Hello

I have recently purchased a Surface RT. I've noticed that the videos I have purchased on my XBOX 360 are available on the Surface. When I try to play them, I get an error message something to the tune of 'Can not play videos out of region'. I am located in Canada. I checked location in control panel on the Surface desktop, it is set to Canada. I checked my profile which is a hotmail account, it is set to Canada, same with my XBOX. What am I missing?

OP
L

labrodent

Contacted Microsoft via their 'chat support team'. Issue could not be resolved. Was told someone from Microsoft would get in touch with me within 5 days. Still waiting.

OP
L

labrodent

Finally got an email from Microsoft. They asked what videos were not working, when they were purchased, what exact error was. When I went to check the RT, all the videos were playing fine. I don't get it. Don't know if they did something, or if one of the updates in the mean time fixed things or what. From what I've seen though, the RT which is supposed to be direct competition for the iPad is not nearly the same in class. Don't get me wrong, I like the tablet, but I am disappointed. I was expecting alot more for the money, I'm glad I got it after the price drop to $350.