What's new

can't update Intel HD graphics driver, error 0x800705b3

evkatz

Hi, all. Can't the error message: Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 - Error 0x800705b3... when I try to install this update.

I've tried troubleshooting update, it says it makes a fix, but I still can't install the update. I'm tried installing the driver from a ZIP file I downloaded from Microsoft, for Surface Book specifically. But I am told the operation requires an "interactive window."

This failed install is preventing me from installing the anniversary update as well.

anyone have this trouble, and find a fix? Thanks much.

FiveFngrsOfDef

I am having the exact same problem. Went to the Microsoft Store kiosk in Rhode Island today as I am here for a conference. They could not help me.

OP
E

evkatz

Windows Update no longer calls for the Intel 520 HD update t
I am having the exact same problem. Went to the Microsoft Store kiosk in Rhode Island today as I am here for a conference. They could not help me.

I called Microsoft support. Got through right away and got great help from a rep. But ultimately we determined I needed to do a system reset. Did it last night -- the version where your files are kept, though not your programs. Ran a couple of cycles of updates. And now everything works. Sorry not better news.

FiveFngrsOfDef

Windows Update no longer calls for the Intel 520 HD update t

I called Microsoft support. Got through right away and got great help from a rep. But ultimately we determined I needed to do a system reset. Did it last night -- the version where your files are kept, though not your programs. Ran a couple of cycles of updates. And now everything works. Sorry not better news.

Thanks, I will try tomorrow when I return back home. Thanks for the update.