What's new

Can't Update Windows With My SP2??

Sir Face

When I check for updates and try to install the "1 Important update" here on my SP2, it starts, but then fails over and over. It says "Code 800706BE", whatever that means. Otherwise, the machine works fine. What's its problem here anyway?

Nuspieds

Part of the problem is Windows Update! :mad:

It's June and I'm still getting the March 11 System Hardware Update. In addition, that damn Update for the English Input Personalization Dictionary last succeeded on April 15; since then, all the various version updates continue to fail.

Worst of all is that "Get help with this error" link in the Update History details has never displayed anything meaningful or helpful; I get more information from searching the web myself.

OP
S

Sir Face

Part of the problem is Windows Update! :mad:

It's June and I'm still getting the March 11 System Hardware Update. In addition, that damn Update for the English Input Personalization Dictionary last succeeded on April 15; since then, all the various version updates continue to fail.

Worst of all is that "Get help with this error" link in the Update History details has never displayed anything meaningful or helpful; I get more information from searching the web myself.

Yep, I think you're right!

olimjj

If you haven't done so, you might want to try sfc /scannow in the Administrators Command Prompt

olimjj

If sfc does not find any errors, then try the following in the order listed and also in the Administrators Command prompt:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

A log of the results will be found in :

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log