What's new

Can't upgrade to 10?

sarcoguy

Hi. I'm trying to upgrade my Surface Pro to Windows 10. According to Microsoft, an icon should appear in the lower right. It doesn't. When I consult their knowledge base they say to make sure it's up to date. I run Windows updater and have all of the available updates installed. Still no icon. So I download their Install Windows 10 app. When I run it, it says I can't install and that the problem is that "Windows not up to date." So I try running Windows updater again, and it says that no more updates are available.

Any ideas what's going on?

WJBertrand

I went to windows update and when it says no updates available, clicked on "details" the download was just sitting there, update KB3035583. I checked the box and then scrolled down to install. After it was finished the icon was there.

Russ

Any ideas what's going on?

Sarcoguy --

Look at your update history to see if there are any failed attempts to install Win10. I have not (yet) upgraded my SurfacePro1, but the history shows several failed attempts by the system, one as late as today. That suits me just fine, because I'm not ready to upgrade my SP1.

Regards,
Russ