What's new

Car charger for Surface Pro 4

Omni

I'm after a 12V car charger for the SP4. Has anyone any recommendations? Well to be honest I cant find any and I'm not sure if the SP3 one would work.

I'm generally wary of third party chargers but as Microsoft have never released one for any Surface I doubt I will have much choice.

leeshor

The one for the SP3 will work. Eventually you will see some that say SP4. Vendors have been slow to catch up.

OP
Omni

Omni

Ah right thanks for that info. Its more for emergencies than a regular thing so I'll have a look at SP3 ones.

Neil Uher II

The one I have has an additional USB port which comes in handy to charge my phone too. One thing that concerns me about the one you found on Amazon, is that there aren't any reviews for it yet. I would keep looking for another one with reviews, just to be safe.

leeshor

Thanks for the recommendation but I don't think that would even fit in my car because of the way the dash is designed. I'm waiting one a response from another seller on amazon for this item: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PFL6F...olid=J1IWHAXM4VH5&coliid=I30EQ4C9186U2I&psc=1

He has listed its amps as 2.85A, but on my SP4 charger it says its 2.58A, so what to check its just a typo. It has a few good reviews so that's a better start.
That's a better charger, imo. The extra AMPs won't hurt anything. They won't be used if not required.