What's new

Car charger for surface pro ??

nrz

Hi..

I'm looking for a car charger for surface pro ...
Can anybody suggest me one.....it should not be for surface RT

Thanks in advance..

faisdogg

Simply buy an Voltage inverter, that you can use with AC career. Plus you can use it with any other gadgets that don't have a car charger. You can even carry an all-in-one copier, portable refrigerator... Lol

faisdogg

Here is the picture

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372451626103.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372451626103.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 3,535

Spaniard

Hi..

I'm looking for a car charger for surface pro ...
Can anybody suggest me one.....it should not be for surface RT

Thanks in advance..
Microsoft Surface External Battery & Car Adapter Charger
Microsoft Surface Pro Car adapter
SALE Only here!

Microsoft Surface Pro & RT Car adapter with built in USB port. This adapter can charge your Surface Tablet in the car, and is compatible with our external Batteries should you wish to upgrade to an external battery later!

$ 59.95
30_IMG_6721_thumb.png

jeffskent

No knowledge about the car charger, but I believe my inverter, only about $99 or so at Frys, is just as fast as household ac. I can also charge several devices at a time, camera battery, iPhone, Surface, camping air mattress air pump, because each device takes a very small amount of current, and I don't have to buy and store several devices. I just use the ac charger that came with the device. The inverter I have is about the size of two paperback books one on top of the other, and it stays out of sight in the console of my Taurus until I need it. Good investment of a hundred dollar bill.

paesan

No knowledge about the car charger, but I believe my inverter, only about $99 or so at Frys, is just as fast as household ac. I can also charge several devices at a time, camera battery, iPhone, Surface, camping air mattress air pump, because each device takes a very small amount of current, and I don't have to buy and store several devices. I just use the ac charger that came with the device. The inverter I have is about the size of two paperback books one on top of the other, and it stays out of sight in the console of my Taurus until I need it. Good investment of a hundred dollar bill.

I use an inverter too and it is definitely the way to go. It charges the devices quicker than thru a car adapter. I use the surface pro AC charger in my car and it charges as fast as in the house. Like you said the options are endless in what can be used with an inverter. I am at the point where I have a mini mobile office in my car, lol. Nice for down time in between appointments while sitting in a parked car waiting. I have not looked at new vehicles in a while, do any of the new make and models come equipped with inverters. Car manufacturers should start offering inverters as either an accessory or an option.

Wayne Orwig

I did some experimenting with charging the SP, and from what I could find, there is NO way to modify the charge rate. From under 12 volts, to over 12 volts, it continues to pull the same WATTAGE. Thus putting power into the battery at the same rate. So if the car charger works, it would charge at basically the same rate as a home charger.
Go with the inverter if you have the space. I found a 100 watt compact one on Amazon for about $15.

Sit

> Car manufacturers should start offering inverters as either an accessory or an option.

Great idea.

malberttoo

> Car manufacturers should start offering inverters as either an accessory or an option.

Great idea.

Seriously, I have wondered this for years, why haven't auto manufacturers done this?? I see regular 110/220 outlets from time to time at the REAR of a brand new minivan, saw one near the gate of a pickup bed. I want a couple in my center console!

faisdogg

Seriously, I have wondered this for years, why haven't auto manufacturers done this?? I see regular 110/220 outlets from time to time at the REAR of a brand new minivan, saw one near the gate of a pickup bed. I want a couple in my center console!

It is a $20-100 accessory depending on wattage, why would you want them to charge you $500 for a upgrade... Doesn't make sense,