What's new

Cased or Naked?

mitchellvii

I constantly struggle with this and go back and forth. Should I keep my SP cased or naked?

Cased is safe, protected, has multiple viewing angles but is heavy and unsexy. Naked it is slim, sexy and light, but unprotected and has limited viewing angles. Cased I can type in bed with a more shallow angle. Naked the kickstand is too steep for me to see the screen well. Cased it is bulky to hold like a book and the keyboard must be unattached, naked holding it like a book is a pleasure and I don't need to put the keyboard somewhere.

What say you?

D

Deleted member 10837

I constantly struggle with this and go back and forth. Should I keep my SP cased or naked?

Cased is safe, protected, has multiple viewing angles but is heavy and unsexy. Naked it is slim, sexy and light, but unprotected and has limited viewing angles. Cased I can type in bed with a more shallow angle. Naked the kickstand is too steep for me to see the screen well. Cased it is bulky to hold like a book and the keyboard must be unattached, naked holding it like a book is a pleasure and I don't need to put the keyboard somewhere.

What say you?

Exactly which case do you have? If you have the extended warranty then you wouldn't have to worry as you can exchange it for any accidental damage.

Lolvo

I have removed my device maybe twice since I got my Manvex case. Keep in mind I'm on RT, but the concept remains.

Nuspieds

I will always choose naked, as long as what I'm looking at has a body worthwhile looking at naked! :big smile:

The SP definitely has that body, so naked it is for me. Also, it definitely is not the slimmest tablet out there, so the last thing I would want to do is add bulk to it. Moreover, unlike my cell phone (an iPhone), I am not prone to dropping it every now and then, so I do not need that extra protection.

What's "interesting" about the size of the naked SP (with Type Cover), though, is that when I compare it to the iPads I see while I'm commuting, the iPads are always cased and when I compare the cased iPad vs. the naked SP, the cased iPad is the same or bigger width than the naked SP (with Type Cover).

Cambo

I have ghost armor on mine which works well, but when travelling I use Dura Gadget case which is great as it has a pocket for the stylist.

demandarin

case it. im loving this moko case. I always leave it In the case. I can always detach the case cover and keyboard if it starts to feel to thick or heavy. then the case has built in kickstand at a better angle. very versatile and adds protection,

curney

I have the mojo and it's really good. I was very surprised. You can use it with just the "bump" case on or with the full wrap around folio. Even with the bomb case on, it has a stylus holder and a hinge which opens more that the installed hinge. You can close it all up with or without your keyboard.

Amazon.com : MoKo Rotatory Detachable Type / Touch Keyboard Cover Companion Sleeve Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 10.6" Inch Windows 8 Tablet, BLACK : Touch Screen Tablet Sleeves : Computers & Accessories

curney

case it. im loving this moko case. I always leave it In the case. I can always detach the case cover and keyboard if it starts to feel to thick or heavy. then the case has built in kickstand at a better angle. very versatile and adds protection,

How did I not see this before I posted???? +1

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Moko case is nice, especially the removable insert. I just don't like the brass snap on the back. Also you can't fold back the keyboard. The material on the Manvex cover has higher quality feel IMHO. For sittin on the crapper readin an ebook nothing beats naked though, lol.

demandarin

I started laughing. but posting the link to it is good in case someone else wants to check it out. its a great case. when the folio part is closed also, you get maximum protection.

demandarin

Moko case is nice, especially the removable insert. I just don't like the brass snap on the back. Also you can't fold back the keyboard. The material on the Manvex cover has higher quality feel IMHO. For sittin on the crapper readin an ebook nothing beats naked though, lol.

normally, id use it without a case. but the pro is kinda heavy. so if it drops and hits the hard floor, chances are screen will crack. especially if its face down. have you seen the drop test on it. he dropped it face down on concrete from about 4ft. high. screen cracked badly but it still worked.

I also hate that I cant wrap the keyboard around. itll detach. I use the tablet a lot without the keyboard. but this type keyboard works so well typihg.