What's new

CES 2015 - Pen Input made easy

OP
WAR

WAR

Has anyone figured out how to install WriteIT on your Surface Pro? I saw on another site site some folks modifying the software for use on non-Lenovo tablets.

lords20

Yes it can be modified to work on a surface pro 3. I don't remember where I found the instructions on how to modify it at. :(

OP
WAR

WAR

My son helped me get it installed (hooray!).

Now to see if it's as good as advertised . .

JLaCroix

My name is James and I am the project manager for WRITEit. We will be launching our 2.0 beta at CES 2016 in a week. Before that, I wanted to share with you the code so that you could test it out for yourselves. No hack is required because we will be offering WRITEit on all OEMs going forward. We are radically changing the direction of WRITEit, but we still have the core handwriting -> text conversion that you all know from the 1.x builds. Going forward, we are putting more emphasis on annotating over the entire desktop screen. This can work on touch and pen machines, so you aren't limited to only having a pen equipped machine.

Remember that this is a beta... I welcome any feedback from the community. You can PM me on here or email me directly at [email protected]

Dropbox link (40MB exe): Dropbox - WRITEit-Setup CES BUILD.exe

Last edited: