What's new

Change disply settings when keyboard attached.

davebw

Hi,

Got my Surface a couple of days ago and the windows 8 start menu actually makes a lot more sense on a touch screen, anyway Just wondering if anyone knows if Windows can switch the display settings when attaching the keyboard to the surface.

Basically I like my screen res at 1920x1080 - 100% to work off of, but it is hard to hit the right spot when using as a tablet and just looking around on the internet or working on the train with it in my hands.

So... I was thinking it would be a good idea if the surface was running at 100% when the keyboard connects to the surface and when it is detached it switches to 125/150% instead, this way the file menus and close buttons etc are easier to press with my finger. Anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks

Dave

CrippsCorner

I don't think that's possible, they have a hard enough time getting scaling right to external monitors! Not a bad idea though, maybe fire it over to Microsoft or a 3rd party software company...

OP
D

davebw

I don't think that's possible, they have a hard enough time getting scaling right to external monitors! Not a bad idea though, maybe fire it over to Microsoft or a 3rd party software company...

Had a feeling that was the answer. Maybe a shortcut the 100% and 150% settings may be possible.