GoodBytes

Most audio/video player have it.
In Windows Media Player 12, you can right-click on the program, and click on:
"Enhancement">"Graphic equalizer"

OP
mwsvette

mwsvette

Thanks for responding.

I use my headphones a lot of the time to reduce distraction for others. Compared to my other devices I use the headphones with the sound on the Surface sounds muddy regardless of source.

So I was hoping that there might driver, app or program that would allow overall adjustment of EQ on the surface. Thought maybe realtec driver that included EQ.

Thanks again Goodbytes.

GoodBytes

A 2$ sound chip can only get you so far.
Look into USB dedicated sound card for improved sound experience, a which point, assuming you cash out on the expensive models, your headphone will be the limiting factor.

Avoid Creative Labs products. If you do, don't expect Windows 9 support. They like to push you to get a new device every Windows version. Also their drivers are poorly made.

OP
mwsvette

mwsvette

Was originally hoping for a software solution but after reading some of your suggestions I am leaning toward the FiiO E17 Alpen Portable Headphone Amplifier USB DAC.

Thanks for all the input, I had not considered a hardware fix...

olimjj

Was originally hoping for a software solution but after reading some of your suggestions I am leaning toward the FiiO E17 Alpen Portable Headphone Amplifier USB DAC.

Thanks for all the input, I had not considered a hardware fix...
A good choice, enjoy.